Sunday 3 August 2014

The End of a Chapter {Day Zero Project}

Today has been a strange day.

I had to go back to my uni house for what was my last ever visit. On the way to the house on the M11, we got stuck in traffic for FOUR hours! As me and my mum do best, we had a laugh and made the best of the situation - let's face it .. I'd rather be sat there in one piece than praying for my life being cut out of a car that has crashed into a tree and being airlifted to a hospital!

I decided to tweet about the (very long) four hours, and our local newspaper, The Herts and Essex Observer, picked up on me and quoted me on their article about the crash! It's very insignificant, but it made me laugh! People were getting Ice Cream from somewhere, I don't know where but I wish someone told me, crazy parents were allowing their children to play on the hard shoulder and one very kind lady who lived nearby and wasn't stuck there decided to buy loads of bottles of water, cycle to the motor way and hand them out free of charge to all us dehydrated suckers. The world needs more small acts of kindness like that!

Anyway! We finally made it out of the jam and made it to the uni house for a quick clean up and to take my last few belongings home with me. I never thought I would but I found it very emotional. I suddenly realised that I had wasted too much time there - not spending enough time with my friends that I had made at Uni but constantly worrying about seeing my boyfriend who isn't even around any more but who persuaded me to move home for my third year and not live with the boys and now I regret that. I wish I had another year to live there and make the most of it, because I can honestly say I have met some of the best people there and for that I am grateful! I know they will always be in my life from now on!



Now that I'm back living at home again and commuting for the final year of uni, as well as saving a bit of money, I thought it would be a good time to start thinking about what I want in life. Or at least for the next few years... then suddenly this evening I found the Day Zero Project. A new inspiration. 

I have written my own list, and I am ready to take on the next 1001 days! 
Some of the things I have challenged myself to are easy - others not so much but they're all things that I actually want, so I'm willing to give it a try!

I think this is something you should all consider too!
If you are thinking about joining, post your links below!

Here's to the end of this chapter, the great and not so great memories..
but even more so to the next chapter of my life, and to starting to achieve my goals.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I read this post. I love hearing acts of kindness and picturing what you said about those four hours made me happy about our world. Good luck to you with the challenge and with your final year of uni. I'm hosting my first giveaway for my 1/2 year mark of blogging. Check it out and enter if your interested!
    www.newhautmonde.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner